16 Votes in Poll
This is an anti gwen and pro courtney website please check it out. and gimme suggestions!! thank you! https://cats5lovescats.wixsite.com/website-antigwen
1. BEYOND CONTRIVED! Both Gwen and Duncan were together in 8 episodes together in season one without Courtney and Trent in the picture and yet they made no effort to pursuit each other.
2. I always found the “commons attract" dynamic immensely uninteresting.
3. Cheating. Cheating. Did I mention cheating?!
4. They showed no remorse for what they did. They are basically a punk-goth version of Brangelina! LOL!
5. In Action he was super into Courtney, yet out of nowhere in TDWT he falls for Gwen. This goes back to my theory: https://dgac23.tumblr.com/post/186322019323/a-why-duncan-cheated-theory And this theory for Gwen: https://dgac23.tumblr.com/post/186378741908/gwens-sudden-attraction-to-duncan
6. I ultimately think love should be an adventure and I don’t get that vibe from since they are too similar. What can they really learn from each other?
I know that the show is in fact Total “Drama.” I hope they do bring the original couples back. They also have to make sure it is done right. Duncan and Courtney should both apologize for the way they treated each other. Gwent shouldn’t be that difficult considering their breakup wasn’t too ugly. I do understand that the networks wanted to teach viewers that not all relationships work out. I just really wish they took a different route with how the couples were to break up. Firstly, why did they think it would be a good idea to make Trent so insecure and paranoid. There were absolutely no signs of him having OCD or jealousy issues in Season 1. Additionally, Courtney was no angel in season 1, but she had her limits when it came to playing the game. The writers decided to make her so slimy so suddenly. As for Duncan, it just really bothers me that the guy that said, “At least I’m straight with people,” chose to sneak around rather than break up with Courtney first. The bad boy with a soft side became a dirty, cheating jerk in an instant. And poor Gwen, a character with potential had her arc ruined as well. The same girl that had her heart broken when she saw Heather kissing Trent just went on and acted like things were okay when she got involved with Duncan. I HATE what the writers did with them. If there were to be a new season, they would have to do some major damage control.
Fun Fact: Duncney was supposed to be canon throughout the series as well as Gwent. Then, Gwuncan was contrived by Cartoon Network and Teletoon despite McGillis’ wanting to continue Gwent and Duncney. The writers did a poor job by deteriorating Courtney (TDA, TDWT, and TDAS) and Trent’s (TDA) personalities.