The episode opens with the castmates struggling to keep cool in the intense heat wave outside. Ironically, Gwen manages to develop a cold and wonders how that could possibly happen in the current weather, which prompts Trent to try and cheer her up. Unfortunately, he makes things awkward when he incorporates his obsession of the number nine by wiping off his water bottle nine times after she drinks from it. Chris then arrives in a cowboy outfit, announcing that the day's challenge will be based on the Western movie genre. The castmates stop at the set of an old western movie, where they are given their first challenge: they must jump onto a horse from a hundred foot high diving board. Since the Screaming Gaffers won the previous week's challenge, Chris forces them to go first.
As Gwen begins to climb up the ladder, Duncan jokingly tells his teammates that they will probably need a new leader. Gwen hears this, and tells him that she heard the comment in an exasperated tone. Once she climbs up to the board, she decides not to jump. However, when Gwen turns around to climb back down, she falls off when she sneezes, and manages to land on the horse. Though she has a painful landing, as she lands with her legs split on the saddle. As she falls off the horse in pain, Trent rushes to help her, to which she smiles appreciatively. Their moment doesn't last long when she discovers her arm is injured when Trent pulls it to help her up, prompting Leshawna to push him away and help Gwen up instead.
Trent volunteers to go next, thinking things can't get any worse, but misses the horse and painfully lands crotch on a gate post. Owen jumps, but the horse runs away in terror at his massive weight, so Owen chases it, and forces himself onto the saddle. Chris gives the Killer Grips a point even though Owen obviously cheated, angering the Gaffers. Soon, all of the castmates take their turns, except Justin, who is the only one not to jump, due to having a modeling contract that prevents him from participating in the challenge, in order to protect his "assets". Lindsay and Beth take the challenge together, both exchanging that if one of them dies, they could have one of the other's items before they take he fall. They land on the horse, and the horse is in pain due to the impact of the landing. Leshawna and Heather are all that's left to break the tie, and they both climb up the ladder while insulting each other. In anger, Leshawna pushes Heather off and is pulled down too because Heather grabs hold of her arm, but they both land on a roof ornament and hang by their pants. Leshawna's pants rip on the weather vane and she falls off, but she still misses the horse, while Heather is left hanging off the plank. Both teams are then tied with three points each.
In order to break the tie, Chris chooses to let the castmates have a quick draw showdown using water guns. In order to help Gwen win, Trent chooses the easy-to-hit Owen as the shooter for the team. However, Owen drinks all the water out of the squirt guns, forcing Chris to make a new tie-breaker. The final challenge is to have the team of cowboys (the Grips) rope the group of cattle (the Gaffers). While the Grips do well at first, Trent gives up in order to let Gwen and her team win. The remaining Gaffers then find some extra rope lying around and turn the tables on the Grips by capturing them, thus winning the challenge. Chris then lets everyone shower in a barrel before the elimination ceremony.
While everyone is showering, Gwen meets with Trent and says she doesn't like him throwing all the challenges for her. With a sad message and a breaking heart, Gwen ends her relationship with Trent. Justin, who is nearby, overhears everything and tells his team. Justin and the rest of his team then meet with Gwen and accuse her of putting Trent up to this. While she tries to convince them she didn't, they don't believe her and Justin keeps accusing her of making attempts to get to the final two. In a desperate attempt to convince them, she tells them to vote off Trent. Despite this, Justin insists that Gwen still "owes them". At the elimination ceremony, Chris tosses the Gilded Chris to Lindsay, Beth, Justin, and Owen. Trent is voted off. He begs to say goodbye to Gwen, but Chris and Chef don't care and Chef hurls him into the lame-o-sine. Meanwhile, Chris and Gwen are watching the whole elimination ceremony from Chris' viewing room. Gwen asks Chris if he did this to make her feel bad, to which he says he did. Unfortunately for Gwen, it worked, which prompts Chris to say "his work here is done". He then he signs off the episode.
In the Lame-o-sine, Trent is shocked that he is eliminated so early in the season as he believed that he and Gwen would have made it to the finals together this time. He is saddened that his relationship with her is over and admits that Gwen made him crazy. He then states that his team is better off without him and banged his forehead against the car door. He finishes the scene saying that his forehead will need some time to recover.
|Clé Bennett||Chef Hatchet/DJ|
|Stephanie Anne Mills||Lindsay|
- Just like the previous season, the final ten castmates consist of four people on one team and six on the other:
- Total Drama Island:
- Total Drama Action:
- This is however reversed in the elimination order by the end of the season, with six members from the Killer Grips and four members from the Screaming Gaffers.
- Gwen breaks up with Trent in this episode, making them the second couple in the series, and the first in Total Drama Action, to break up.
- This episode shows that Chef is now starting to rebel against Chris, as he is refusing to wear certain outfits and even ties him up, possibly because he is still angry at Chris for not giving him his paycheck.
- Duncan admits in this episode that he continues to bully Harold, because he rigged the votes and eliminated Courtney last season. This shows that he eventually found out the truth about her wrongful elimination, even though he initially thought Heather was behind it.
- This episode's title is a parody of the movie, 3:10 to Yuma.
- The horse challenge is a parody of the movie The Mask of Zorro, involving a scene where he jumps on the horse from a tall building (and misses).
- In the recap of the last episode, Chris states that the sandcastle made by the Grips is named "Casa Dos Gwen", which is a mixture of the two names for it, "Casa Gwen" and "Casa Dos Paper-Mâché".
- In No Pain, No Game, Leshawna states that she's wearing a weave, but in this episode it poofs up, as if it were normal hair, but then later in the season Heather mocks Leshawna for her weave.
- Despite Leshawna's hair becoming poofed in this episode, every time she has been wet previously, her hair is normal.
- When the camera is zoomed out before Chris says that the Killer Grips will have to vote someone off, DJ is missing his udder hat while all the other members of his team have their hats on. However, it appears on his head in the next scene.
- When the castmates meet up with Chris for the tie-breaker challenge, Leshawna's pants show no signs of being ripped by the weather vane earlier. However, she may have simply changed her pants.
- When Leshawna yells at Heather, Lindsay appears to have no teeth.
- When Duncan trips Harold, he falls into a water container. However, there is no water container near Duncan.
- When Trent and Beth are caught in the rope, Trent is seen to only have one leg.
- After the Gaffers find rope during the calf roping contest, Leshawna and Harold both rope Justin. Even though Harold roped him first, Leshawna's rope is lower on Justin's body than Harold's is.
- When the Gaffers won the challenge, Owen is not shown tied up.
- During the scene when Gwen, Trent, and Justin are outside of the communal bathroom, they're in front of Camp Wawanakwa's washroom rather than the one on the abandoned film lot.