Before We Die is the fourth song featured in Total Drama World Tour. It is sung by the contestants in Super Happy Crazy Fun Time Japan, while they are all falling out of the Total Drama Jumbo Jet over Japan as they sing about what they want to do before they die.
Courtney: We're singing as we're falling!
Heather: While some are cannon-balling!
Alejandro: Our lives begin to flash before our eyes!
Noah and Owen: We might just go ka-blooey!
Harold and Tyler: Get smushed and become chewy!
Everyone: 'Cept there's tons we wanna do before we die!
Cody: Billiards champion!
DJ: Make it home to see my momma!
Sierra: Marry Cody!
Bridgette: Catch a barrel!
Lindsay: Be an actress in a drama!
Courtney: Corporate lawyer!
Gwen: Prom destroyer!
Harold: Be a ninja with throwing stars!
Alejandro: Lion tamer!
Owen: New food namer!
Tyler: Repairman for the parallel bars!
Noah: But first we must cease dropping, our goal here would be stopping!
Izzy: Before we smash into the ground from the sky!
DJ: Flat into little pieces!
Harold: Heads merged with our feet-ses!
Leshawna: That would really suck and here's why:
Bridgette: We'd like to keep on living!
Alejandro: So Chris, we hope you're giving:
Sierra: Some wings!
Courtney: A jetpack!
Gwen: A rift in time!
Tyler: A trampoline!
Izzy: Springy shoes!
Alejandro: Rocket boots!
Lindsay: Flying squirrel!
Leshawna: Bubble bath!
Lindsay: I change to bubbles, too!
Owen: Pizza! No! Chips and some dip will do!
Everyone: 'Cause there's still so much to do before we die! Yeah, we said it! There's still so much to do, there's still so much to do, there's still so much to do before we die! Yeah!
- This is the first song in which every contestant still competing has a solo.
- During the song, the characters hold hands with each other, but when it pans out, it appears that the order is changed because of the rapid jumping of the camera from contestant to contestant, though it is not.
- When panned out, each character only appears once, according to their last appearance.
- Cody, Bridgette, and Harold are the only contestants to not name something they hope Chris is giving them to avoid them from falling to their suggested doom.
- Noah, Izzy, and Heather are the only contestants who don't mention something they would like to do before they die.
- DJ, Sierra, and Bridgette are the only ones to accomplish what they want to do before they die by the end of the season. However, the legality of Sierra's accomplishment is questionable.
- This is the only song to have an equal number of singers from each team.
- With the exception of Bridgette and Cody in the wrong places, and Owen being in the center of the human circle, all of the remaining members of each team are together in the human circle towards the end of the song.
- Harold says he wants to be a ninja with throwing stars before he dies, but in Phobia Factor, he claims he's afraid of Ninjas.
- However, it is possible he overcame his fear between that episode and this episode.
- This is the first song where Tyler has a solo.
- This is one of only seven songs in the season where every remaining contestant speaks in some way. The others are Come Fly With Us, Lovin' Time, Rowin' Time, Condor, I'm Gonna Make It, and Versus.
- This is the third song sung during a dangerous situation. The others are Lovin' Time and Rowin' Time.
- This is the first song in which Sierra sings about her love for Cody. The others are Gypsy Rap, Paris in the Springtime, Changing Guard Mix, and A Chinese Lesson.
- This song's title might be a reference to a song by the same name, sung by Boy Hits Car.
- The verse of the song in which the cast lists what they would enjoy to be before they die shares a similar melody and theme with the song La Vie Bohème from the historic Broadway musical RENT, only that instead of listing death wishes, the cast of RENT lists marginal activities and people.
- Gwen's mention of a "rift in time" in mid-air could be a reference to Stephen King's novel, The Langoliers.
- The concept of the performance is similar to the closing scene of The Great Muppet Caper, where the plane dumps everyone off in mid-air and the entire cast ends up singing the closing number while descending to the ground.
- Alejandro is holding Sierra's and Bridgette's hands initially; however, he reappears holding Izzy and Lindsay's hands.
- When Sierra hugs Cody, his pockets disappear.
- When the contestants are holding hands, Alejandro's hair is flying to the side despite the fact that they are falling down.
- Lindsay's hair appears to be flying towards the side despite that she is falling downwards when she sings "be an actress in a drama".
- When Lindsay says what she wants Chris to give them to avoid them from falling, she appears to be at both sides of Leshawna as the camera moves from Lindsay to Leshawna and then to Lindsay in the same direction and then to DJ without passing over Leshawna again. This can be further proved by the hands everyone holds in those lines.
- At the end, when Owen yells "Yeah," his voice is different, similar to his voice actor's actual voice.
- When everyone is in the circle, Heather, Cody, and Izzy's hair are not being flapped by the air.
|Total Drama World Tour songs|
|Pre-merge||Come Fly With Us | Lovin' Time | Rowin' Time | Before We Die | Stuck to a Pole | What's Not To Love | Baby | I'm Sorry | Eine Kleine | Gypsy Rap | Paris in the Springtime | Sea Shanty Mix | Oh My Izzy | Save This Show | Sisters | Changing Guard Mix | Greek Mix | Boyfriend Kisser | Shear the Sheep | We Built Gwen's Face | Her Real Name Isn't Blaineley|
|Post-merge||Blainerific | A Chinese Lesson | Wake Up | Condor | This Is How We Will End It | Who You Gonna Root For? | I'm Winning This | I'm Gonna Make It | Versus|