The Boat of Losers is one of the many vehicles used in the series, and it serves as Total Drama Island's elimination vehicle. It is a boat used to pick up the campers who are voted off or eliminated. The eliminated contestant must board the Boat of Losers after walking the Dock of Shame to reach Playa Des Losers.
In Brunch of Disgustingness, the Boat of Losers does not appear due to it being a reward challenge.
Izzy also disappears in a cloud of smoke in Wawanakwa Gone Wild!, instead of boarding the Boat of Losers during her second elimination. The Boat of Losers has also been seen during the day and at sunset; Heather was eliminated during the daytime, while Lindsay was eliminated at sunset. Sometimes the boat has other passengers as well.
The first camper to board it was Ezekiel in Not So Happy Campers - Part 2 and the last camper was a bald and angry Heather, in I Triple Dog Dare You!, who stood on the boat's edge while threatening to sue Chris and ruin his reputation because of her unfair elimination. Harold was the first one to bring his luggage to the boat, followed by most of the remaining losers. Gwen, Owen, Cody, Izzy, and Mr. Coconut were the only campers that never boarded the Boat of Losers (if one counts Mr. Coconut as a camper).
Although the Boat of Losers doesn't appear after Total Drama Island until the fifth season, a boat similar to it appears in Total Drama World Tour, in Newf Kids on the Rock, Niagara Brawls, and Hawaiian Punch. The only difference between the boats is the color, with this one colored green.
Once the show returns to Camp Wawanakwa for Total Drama: Revenge of the Island, the Boat of Losers is no longer used as the elimination exit, and is replaced by the Hurl of Shame, one of the new settings for the season.
The Boat of Losers is finally seen once again in a substantially more significant role during Total Drama All-Stars, although the method of elimination has been replaced with the Flush of Shame. The Boat of Losers still appears to transport exiled contestants to and from Boney Island. In No One Eggspects The Spanish Opposition, Chris and the competitors use it all at once to travel to Boney Island for the challenge. It is also one of the boats featured in the boat race in You Regatta Be Kidding Me, which Mike uses. In The Final Wreck-ening, the animals are seen using the Boat of Losers as a means of transport during the sinking of the island.
- The only episodes of Total Drama Island in which it did not appear are Paintball Deer Hunter, Brunch of Disgustingness, Camp Castaways, The Very Last Episode, Really! and Total Drama, Drama, Drama, Drama Island.
- Courtney, Harold, and Leshawna are the only contestants that were forced into the boat. All of the other contestants walked into the boat.
- The campers who took the Boat of Losers, but were not seen boarding it, are Noah, Justin, Beth, Bridgette, and Geoff.
- Eva and Katie have taken a trip on the Boat of Losers twice, which is more than any other contestant.
- Sadie, Duncan, and Tyler are the only contestants to have something waiting for them when the Boat of Losers came.
- Katie is the only camper to return after her elimination on the Boat of Losers without returning to the game.