- View this page for statistics about the various campfire ceremonies.
The Campfire Ceremony is the elimination ceremony that took place at the campfire pit in Total Drama Island, Total Drama: Revenge of the Island, Total Drama All-Stars, and Total Drama: Pahkitew Island. Before the ceremony takes place, the losing team or each individual votes in the confessional for the camper that they wish to eliminate from the contest. During the ceremony, the remaining players (except for the eliminated contestant) are given marshmallows as a symbol of safety, while the loser is left empty-handed (or with a Marshmallow of Toxic Loserdom in Total Drama: Revenge of the Island) and must take the elimination exit off the island.
At the beginning of Total Drama Island, the campers are divided into two teams, named the Killer Bass and the Screaming Gophers. The team that loses the day's challenge is sent to the ceremony, while the team that wins earns invincibility and does not take part in the ceremony. After the merge in No Pain, No Game, all of the remaining campers attend the ceremony, with the immune camper usually receiving the first marshmallow.
Chris hands out marshmallows to the campers, and whoever does not receive a marshmallow is eliminated. The camper who is voted off must walk down the Dock of Shame and then must catch a ride on the Boat of Losers. Chris claims that they can never come back, however, this is a lie. Instead of being sent home, the contestants are sent to a five-star resort known as Playa Des Losers with the rest of the eliminated campers.
In Awwwwww, Drumheller, Chris pays tribute to the first season's campfire ceremonies during the Barf Bag Ceremony, holding the ceremony outside in front of a makeshift bonfire. There are strings of lights similar to the ones at the original setting strung between two tiki statues, and he hands out marshmallows instead of barf bags. However, he never finished the ceremony as Sierra accidentally blew up the Total Drama Jumbo Jet.
Just like Total Drama: Revenge of the Island, the Campfire Ceremony is used once again. Like the first season, the person who does not receive a marshmallow is eliminated. However, instead of the winners not attending the elimination, they get to be in the peanut gallery and one of the members of the winning team get the opportunity to be sent to exile on Boney Island to hopefully look for the Invincibility Statue.
The marshmallow ceremony returns and functions in identical ways to the previous seasons, particularly Total Drama Island. Since the season is set on a new island, the elimination ceremony is set in a new location, on an extended platform away from the rest of the island, near the Cannon of Shame.
- Some campfire ceremonies have a certain event which takes place that makes them unique:
- Not So Happy Campers - Part 2 - The suspense of Chris announcing who the final marshmallow went to was extremely long, most likely due to it being the first ceremony of the season. It is the longest amount of time he's taken to hand out the final immunity symbol in any elimination ceremony in the series so far.
- Up the Creek - Before someone could be officially be eliminated, the RCMP suddenly interrupted the ceremony in their helicopter to arrest Izzy. However, she managed to escape and was thus declared eliminated. The other candidate for elimination, Lindsay, was safe by default.
- No Pain, No Game - Chris showed the campers the confessional videos instead of handing out marshmallows, due to them running out of them.
- Hook, Line, and Screamer - No marshmallows are given out. Chris announces that Gwen wins immunity and that DJ is eliminated.
- Wawanakwa Gone Wild! - The winner of the challenge is in the bottom two.
- Camp Castaways - An inanimate object is eliminated by Chris.
- Are We There Yeti? - This episode features the second-longest suspense before announcing an eliminated contestant. Chef Hatchet also eliminates Duncan on his own rather than have him be eliminated via voting.
- The Very Last Episode, Really! - The winner of the competition is given the final marshmallow and is announced at the ceremony rather than someone being voted off. Additionally, all of the eliminated campers attend this ceremony.
- Ice Ice Baby - Before the eliminated camper is announced, Dakota flies in on a hang glider and returns as an intern.
- Finders Creepers - Instead of being eliminated, Brick switches from the Mutant Maggots to the Toxic Rats by Chris.
- Runaway Model - Both the losing team and the winning team are called to participate, and after Sam is eliminated, Jo and Scott switch teams.
- The Treasure Island of Dr. McLean - It is revealed that the now mutated Dakota had eaten the marshmallows beforehand, so Chris just announces the votes. Also, Scott activates his immunity idol in order to get Dakota eliminated instead of himself.
- Grand Chef Auto - Chris reveals that the original winner of the challenge is Scott, and lets him choose who to eliminate. As a result, he eliminates Mike because now he can't blackmail him. No marshmallows were handed during this ceremony.
- Food Fright - The Villainous Vultures were to have the elimination ceremony until Chris reveals Sam sneaking pancakes in his pocket forfeiting their victory, leading to a Heroic Hamsters elimination instead.
- Moon Madness - Cameron switches to the Villainous Vultures instead of being eliminated.
- No One Eggspects The Spanish Opposition - Alejandro was supposed to be eliminated, but he utilizes his immunity idol, eliminating Heather instead.
- Suckers Punched - The Villainous Vultures got to choose which of the Heroic Hamsters was eliminated.
- Zeek And Ye Shall Find - No votes are needed as Cameron is eliminated due to the injuries he suffered in the episode.
- Twinning Isn't Everything - Samey tricks Chris into getting Amy eliminated against her will.
- Mo Monkey Mo Problems - The Pimâpotew Kinosewak originally voted off Max, but Chris announces that he was given an anonymous letter that told him of Ella singing during the challenge. This being a violation of the rule he set specifically on her, Chris eliminates Ella and she sings one final musical number.
- This Is The Pits! - Both teams are present, though no one is eliminated. Instead, Chris has Chef burn what was supposed to be the winning team's reward, then forces Max and Sky to switch teams.
- The campfire ceremony is featured in almost every episode of Total Drama Island, with the exception of:
- Not So Happy Campers - Part 1 because of it being the first episode of the franchise, and introducing the contestants and dividing them into two teams only.
- Brunch of Disgustingness because of it being a reward challenge.
- That's Off the Chain!, and I Triple Dog Dare You! as they are sudden elimination rounds.
- Haute Camp-ture because it did not feature a challenge.