In this game, the player takes photos of the original fourteen contestants who compete in Total Drama Action that are running across the screen trying to gain as many points as they can. The amount of money earned for each photo is as follows:
- One castmate: 50-250 points
- Castmate hidden behind a scenery part: 300-500 points
- Two castmates: 500-900 points
- Three castmates: 1,000-1,200 points
- Pairing or couple: Over 3,000 points, making them one of the most valuable photos in the game
- Photos with two or more of the above factors vary in the amount of money they earn.
- Photos that are blurry or not centered are worth fewer points, usually three to five points, no matter how many characters are in the image. Images without characters in them are worth nothing. The focus may reduce or increase the number of points that the picture is worth.
To proceed to the next level, the players must earn a certain amount of money within a set amount of time. If they fail to reach the goal, they are taken to a game over screen and are given the option to print or save their best pictures.
- The Beach Set: As seen in Monster Cash and Beach Blanket Bogus. For reasons unknown, Bridgette will often either not appear or only appear once for the duration of the game when this set is used.
- The Space Set: The characters run very fast, but all move at the same speed. This set has the least lag. It was briefly seen in Monster Cash but never used for a challenge during Total Drama Action. However, there was a space-themed challenge.
- The Small Town Set: As seen in Monster Cash, Super Hero-ld, and Mutiny on the Soundstage.
- The Western Town Set: As seen in 3:10 to Crazytown and Mutiny on the Soundstage.
BadgesCartoon Network games) for their profile by completing different tasks, such as taking a picture with two people in it and scoring 100,000 points or more. This is one of the first Total Drama games to have badges added to players' accounts.
In mid-2012, when the site was updated, the badge that was given when a player took a picture with four people in it has been removed. It hasn't returned (nor has it been replaced) since, and the game currently has five badges rather than six.
- Some members of the cast run in similar ways as they did in parts of the series:
- DJ runs the way he did after encountering the killer in Hook, Line, and Screamer and the monster in Monster Cash.
- Harold runs similar to how he does in 3:10 to Crazytown when he thought Owen was right behind him trying to rope him.
- Beth runs the same way she does in Not So Happy Campers - Part 1 when she runs to hug Chris.
- Some characters who were in the final ten in Total Drama Island have recycled run scenes from the Total Drama Island: Totally Interactive! game for that episode.
- On the title screen, the shots on the film tape are scenes from some of the first Total Drama Action episodes, as well as a picture of Leshawna in a prehistoric costume similar to what was worn in One Million Bucks, B.C. Some include:
- Courtney can be seen in the badge given if a score of 100,000 points or more is achieved.
- Heather, although appearing bald in nearly all of Total Drama Action, has her original hair from Total Drama Island in the game.
- However, she is seen in the badge for "Amateur Photographer" as bald.
- Beth can be seen with braces in the game, even though her braces were removed before the season began.
- However, she is seen in the badge for 100,000 points or more without her braces.
- Justin is seen wearing Trent's shoes instead of his usual sandals.
- Duncan is shown with long sideburns when the player is given the "Four People" badge.