The final three face off in a forest full of toxic carnivorous plants. An alliance between two contestants is severely strained by the challenge. When one is in danger, the other finally gives up the challenge and puts her friendship before winning, allowing someone else to win the challenge and the choice of who to eliminate. Surprisingly, the winner picks the bigger threat to be eliminated, so that he can settle his rivalry with the other for good in the finale.
In the beginning of the episode, Lightning is beating up a dummy that looks like Cameron. He then mocks his voice in the confessional and calls him a "sneaky challenge stealer" and keeps punching the dummy. Cameron goes to Zoey for help, who seems to not be her usual self anymore. She gives Cameron advice to help him man up to Lightning, who is seen salting and eating the Cameron dummy, causing Cameron to freak out. Zoey tries to team up with Cameron to get him out.
Chris welcomes the finalists to the "Mutant Forest of Terror". Cameron backs away slowly in fear, and almost lands in a bio-hazardous sinkhole. Chris also says that this is where Chef Hatchet gets all his Marshmallows of Toxic Loserdom. The challenge is to race through the forest in order to find a mutant Venus Flytrap that holds a rare flower needed in order to win the challenge. Cameron is excited to know whoever wins the challenge also gets to decide who they take to the finale. Zoey asks how they were going to find the flower. Chris proceeds to give them a piece of a map and says they can either share, or run off. Lightning chooses to go off on his own, while Cameron and Zoey stay together and follow the start of the map, until the trail ends.
In the forest, Lightning is seen running while cheering, until he finds himself lost. While walking in a random direction, he comes across a mutant fly and a mutant flower. He mocks them and they chase him. Meanwhile, Cameron is concerned with the way Zoey is behaving. Suddenly, Lightning and the giant fly crash into a tree nearby. Lightning drops his piece of his map, and Zoey grabs it saying she needs it. Cameron corrects her by saying "we", and Zoey says in the confessional that she loves Cameron but he's a "word nerd". Nearby, Zoey is walking with all of the map, when she steps on a sinkhole and manages to grab on the ledge. Lightning steals the map, leaving her behind. The giant fly is seen flirting with Cameron, but it is then eaten by a mutant squirrel. Up ahead, Lightning doesn't know how to read the map because he has the parts mixed up.
Back with Cameron and Zoey, they figure out that Venus flytraps are found in places like bogs. Zoey says that she remembers seeing a bog on the map. Then she makes a confessional saying that she's doing all the work, while Cameron is "mutant bait". Lightning is seen running uphill saying he's almost there, but then finds out that he is falling of the cliff. Back in the forest, Cameron and Zoey find the bog and Larry with the flower inside it's mouth. Chris is seen remembering all the good times he had with Larry before he left him behind while the toxic waste company took over. Back at the camp's mine, Ezekiel makes his third cameo of the season, trying to get out from the mine since its destruction, until Lightning trips over him and he falls back down, creating a long screech followed by a loud thump. Zoey is seen asking herself how she would get the flower, but Cameron corrects her again by saying "we" could get across by using the stepping stones. Zoey attempts to follow Cameron's plan, but halfway across, she encounters a mutant turtle which pushes her back to Cameron. She thinks that Cameron is out to get rid of her, but Cameron tries to reassure her that they're together on this challenge. Lightning finally catches up to them, and jumps right on and over the mutant turtle to the flower. But right as he goes to grab it, the flytrap shuts Lightning inside, but then spits him out after he tries to fight it. Zoey tells Cameron to stop cowering in fear and go get the flower for her, but Cameron once again corrects her. He finds out that the flower is Larry's bite sensor, but there is no way to grab it fast enough.
Zoey formulates a plan where she lowers Cameron down to Larry using a vine, and as he descends he sneezes from the pollen, making the plant almost biting him. On his second attempt, the branch holding the vine starts to break, but Lightning swings in and kicks Cameron away, and he steals the flower. Larry then stands up on his roots, and chases after Lightning. Cameron begins to have doubts about Zoey's new fierce personality, and asks her if they're still a team, which she annoyingly says they are. As Lightning tries to get to the finish line, Larry catches him and dangles him form his roots. Zoey seizes the opportunity and grabs the flower, prompting Larry to toss Lightning aside, and go after Zoey. Cameron and Zoey throw the flower to each other to keep Larry occupied, but Cameron drops the flower when Zoey passes it.
After Cameron grabs it, he runs away from Larry, with Zoey urging him to pass it so she can win. However Cameron is unwilling, believing Zoey would vote him off, before Larry snatches him, leaving the flower on the ground. As Zoey heads for the finish line with the flower, she hears Cameron scream for her. She has a montage of her old personality and how she was nice to him. She then says no amount of money is better than a friend and drops her bandanna and flower. As Lightning approaches the flower, he runs off with it, while Zoey is in Larry's mouth with Cameron. Chris is seen screaming for Larry to grab Lightning before he gets to the finish, but he makes one big leap pass the finish. Chris grabs the flower, only to give it back to Larry. Larry spits out Zoey and Cameron and eats the flower, while Chris cuddles with him. Zoey then offers a hand to Cameron while he accepts thanking her. Back at the cabins, Zoey and Cameron are talking about their friendship. Zoey says whatever happens that they'd still have their friendship. Lightning then taunts them by threatening that either one of them could go.
At the elimination ceremony, Lightning gets to pick which contestant he wants to send home. Cameron then offers himself to leave, knowing he would probably be Lightning's choice anyways. Lightning interrupts Cameron's speech and says he's hurling Zoey instead. They both are shocked of what they heard about Lightning's choice. Cameron says she's a more worthy opponent, and Lightning responds by that being the reason why she needs to go, and because he wants to defeat Cameron himself. Chris then hurls Zoey and signs off by saying that if Zoey and Cameron were the final two, it would be a "snooze-fest". Later that night though, Chef is seen with the Marshmallow of Loserdom Chris forgot to give Zoey. He throws it in the bonfire pit, while a giant explosion goes off as the episode ends.
|Cle Bennett||Chef Hatchet|
- Ezekiel appears, but he does not speak. However, he is heard grunting, sighing, and screaming.
- Dawn, Mike, and Staci appear in Zoey's flashback, but they do not speak. However, Mike laughs with Zoey and Cameron.
- An intern named Josh is heard screaming. However, it is unknown who voiced him.
- This episode marks the first time that a generic intern has been given a name.
- In this case, his name is Josh.
- With the elimination of Zoey, this episode marks the first time the final two of the season has been made up of the same gender. In this case, the final two are males.
- This episode reveals how the Marshmallow of Toxic Loserdom is made.
- During Zoey's audition tape, she states that she would hate to be eliminated from Total Drama by a jock. Ironically, Lightning is the one who chooses her to be eliminated, causing her fear to come true.
- Zoey also reveals the name of her hamster that appeared in the audition tape is Miss Puffycheeks.
- This is the first time Cartoon Network airs two episodes together. In this case, it was paired with Brain vs. Brawn: The Ultimate Showdown. It would happen again later on with So, Uh This Is My Team? and I Love You, Grease Pig!, This Is The Pits! and Three Zones and A Baby, and Pahk'd With Talent and Lies, Cries and One Big Prize.
- There isn't a Marshmallow of Toxic Loserdom given out in this episode, as Chef forgot to do so.
- This is the second episode in which the prize for winning is deciding who is eliminated next. The first is Grand Chef Auto.
- Coincidentally, both of the contestants who won this prize were males who were on the Toxic Rats and the Villainous Vultures, and went on to be the top two highest-ranking members of the Rats.
- Additionally, the two contestants who were eliminated this way are former members of the Mutant Maggots who are in a relationship.
- Ezekiel cameos for the second time in this episode. This makes him the only contestant to have more than one individual cameo appearance. The first time is A Mine Is a Terrible Thing to Waste.
- This also makes him the only member of the original cast to have more than two appearances overall (counting the entire cast's appearance on the yacht in Bigger! Badder! Brutal-er!).
- Cameron thinking that he will be the one who will be eliminated is similar to what Gwen thinks in Trial by Tri-Armed Triathlon.
- When Cameron uses a doll on a scale, it is the same doll Lindsay had in That's Off the Chain!.
- When the mutant fly falls in love with Cameron, the music that plays is the same one heard when Duncan kisses Gwen in The EX-Files.
- Chris reveals that three years has passed since Total Drama Island.
- This episode's title parodies a 1945 family film, The Enchanted Forest.
- Part of the title also references the famous novel, Frankenstein by Mary Shelley.
- Zoey making an improvised slingshot from a dinner fork is a reference to 1980's TV show, MacGyver, where the eponymous protagonist builds useful gadgets out of any available materials.
- When Larry growls, the sound he gives out resembles the T-Rex growls from Jurassic Park.
- Larry is an homage to Audrey II, the giant man-eating plant from the 1960 B-movie, The Little Shop of Horrors; it's revelation that it can walk on it's roots towards the end, though, is more like Audrey from the 1986 musical film version.
- When Zoey high-fives Cameron in the main lodge, her top is no longer ripped.
- When Zoey jumps on one of Larry's roots, her tracking collar from the previous episode briefly appears.
- When Josh runs into the hole, he steps one time in the air.
- When Larry spits Lightning out, Zoey's hair is parted on the wrong side of her head.
- Miss Puffycheek's fur color is different than when it appears in Zoey's audition tape.
|Total Drama: Revenge of the Island episodes|
|Pre-merge||Bigger! Badder! Brutal-er! | Truth or Laser Shark | Ice Ice Baby | Finders Creepers | Backstabbers Ahoy! | Runaway Model | A Mine Is a Terrible Thing to Waste | The Treasure Island of Dr. McLean|
|Post-merge||Grand Chef Auto | Up, Up And Away In My Pitiful Balloon | Eat, Puke and Be Wary | The Enchanted Franken-Forest | Brain vs. Brawn: The Ultimate Showdown|