In the app version, the game begins with DJ chugging a bottle of soda. However, the Cartoon Network version of the game removes this scene and starts with DJ in the forest, looking for a bathroom. He finds one and runs for it. A panda bear then appears from behind a tree, snarls, and follows DJ.
The game then goes to the first stage, which is a Chinese forest. While DJ runs frantically through the forest, attempting to find an outhouse, panda bears try to attack him. If DJ loses half of his health, his facial expression changes, and his shirt tears. If there’s a pinball power-up in the air and the player clicks on it, a bubble surrounds DJ, protecting him from animal attacks. Also, there will be occasional bombs made out of candy fish tails that must be removed by clicking on them. To get rid of the panda bears, one must click on them and throw them away, off-screen. Once DJ gets near the outhouse, panda bears stop attacking him.
The second stage happens in the forest of the Yukon. This time, panda bears and seals are now attacking DJ. This level, however, increases in difficulty, since animals are attacking DJ at a faster rate than before. Once again, one gets rid of the panda bears and seals by dragging them away by using the mouse.
The next stage happens in the Amazon rainforest. However, the seals are gone, and now it’s monkeys attacking DJ. This level is harder than the previous ones. This stage increases in the use of protection bubbles. Once again, when DJ gets to the outhouse, the player moves on to the next and final stage.
The final stage is set in the German Alps. This stage is much harder than the others; the animals in this level are goats and panda bears. This stage yet again increases the use of protection bubbles. However, once a player reaches the outhouse, it is now golden, signifying that they have won the game. After a player wins, there is a screenshot of all the enemies in the game clapping while DJ celebrates his victory.
- Total Pandamonium is the first Total Drama World Tour game to be produced by Cartoon Network.
- The outhouse used in the first three stages of the game is the one seen in One Flu Over the Cuckoos, The Sand Witch Project, and The Aftermath: IV.
- The four animals that appear in this game - panda bears, monkeys, seals, and goats - have been hurt by DJ in some way.
- The animals also appear in the ending scene of "Drop of Shame."
- Despite The Am-AH-Zon Race taking place after Slap Slap Revolution, monkeys appear in stage three and goats appear in stage four.
- The monkeys that appear in the game are based on the ones in The Am-AH-Zon Race. However, while the ones in the game are about the same size as the panda bears and other animals, the ones in the actual episode are less than half that size.
- Total Pandamonium was also the first Total Drama app to be available for download in the App Store, the others being Drop of Shame, Flight Simmerator, and Total Drama Freezer Burn. All of the games have since been removed, with this particular game being removed on August 3, 2010.
- By pressing the shift key on the main screen, the player can type "fish candy" as a cheat code.