The host prepares a big 100th episode spectacular, which is ruined when the most humiliated contestant tries to enact his ultimate revenge on him. As the cast attempts to rescue the perilous host, someone discovers the truth of a hidden evil, he tried to warn a nerd about this, but can't do anything about it, while the relationship between two people takes the next step, only to become worse through the crisis. With the other rescuees behind bars, it was up to the remaining survivors to team up and stop the kidnapper, a scaredy-cat manages to win the challenge and save the day, while the sidekick becomes too injured to continue. Moments before his elimination, he finally realizes that his trust in one of his friends is gravely misplaced.
The episode opens up at the McLean Spa Hotel, where Alejandro is relaxing in the hot tub, whilst explaining to a butler about what he plans to do once he wins the million dollars. However, he is interrupted by Chris, who due to losing his 'cottage' in the previous episode, is now staying in the hotel. Chris explains that the destruction of his home made him lose everything; even his swimming trunks. An off-screen nude Chris throws his towel off at Alejandro, causing the latter to leave in disgust. While wandering around the hotel, Alejandro discovers the monitor room. He finds and plays a DVD entitled "Mal's Greatest Hits", showing Mike (as Mal) breaking everyone’s personal belongings, rigging the votes against Cameron at the previous elimination, as well as planting the evidence for this deed under Alejandro's pillow, in an attempt to frame him.
Meanwhile, Cameron, Zoey, and Mike (still under the control of Mal) discuss how it is possible that Cameron could have received the majority vote, as they all claimed none of them voted for him. Mal suggests they search the cabin for evidence, intending them to find the photos he planted that would frame Alejandro. While Cameron agrees, Alejandro secretly leaves the cabin, having removed the photos. The three begin to search, but Mal is surprised to not find the photos under the pillows; instead, Cameron finds them on Mike's bed, and angrily accuses him. Alejandro, who is watching everything from the monitors, smiles with satisfaction, and takes the DVD as an "insurance policy". Back in the cabin, Mal tries to ward off suspicion by pointing out that he is the one who initially suggested they search the cabin. However, a confused and flustered Cameron no longer knows who he's able to trust. In a fit of anger he says that he cannot trust anyone and he storms out of the cabins. In the confessional, he wonders aloud who committed the act and why.
The next morning, Chris announces where the next challenge will be held, and tells everyone over the loudspeaker to proceed to the McLean Spa Library. Scott, while leaving the cabin, trips over a hole in the steps, and falls to the ground. While he lies there in pain, Courtney sees him and clears her throat; Scott sniffs his armpit, and says he is making sure he doesn't smell. Courtney laughs nervously, and says they should pretend she just showed up, which Scott agrees to, and belatedly tells her to watch out. Courtney still trips, falls onto Scott, and the two accidentally share a kiss. In the confessional, Courtney claims it was an accident, but shows obvious excitement, as does Scott. Scott then quickly makes a makeshift ring out of his shoelace, and nervously stutters, asking Courtney if she would be his "boyfriend". Despite Scott's awkwardness she gets the message and agrees, and keeps the ring in her pocket.
At the hotel, Mal manages to restore Cameron's faith in him, by pretending to defend Cameron. He toys with Cameron's mind by claiming Scott, Courtney, Alejandro, and Gwen were all plotting against him. Cameron, reasons that they were on the Villains team for a reason, and thanks "Mike" for being trustworthy. Mal then suggests that, due to it being the three of them against the former villains, they needed to think of a plan to lure one of them to their side. When everyone gathers at the monitor room with Chef, Cameron is seen showing hostility towards Gwen. Chef then plays a video of Chris with a cake and party hat, celebrating the 100th episode. He announces that he has a special challenge prepared, and begins listing things he hopes "no one is allergic to" that will be included in the challenge. However, Ezekiel is seen crawling up towards in Chris. The contestants try to warn Chris, but he scolds them for interrupting him, before Ezekiel captures him in a sack.
Shocked, Chef spits his coffee on the monitors, causing them to short-circuit. Chef tells everyone that the new challenge is to find Chris and defeat Ezekiel, to which Gwen argues that it is dangerous. Chef warns them that without Chris, there will be no show and thus, no prize money. The contestants agree, but under the condition that: the winner gets permanent residence in the spa hotel until they are voted off, immunity for the next ceremony, and gets to choose who to be exiled to Boney Island. Chef agrees and tells them to get going. Zoey figures that since Ezekiel was living in a mine last season, they should look there. When the contestants reach the mine, the entrance is still sealed up due to the explosion last season. While the contestants try to find an alternative way to enter, Chef returns to the monitor room. Gwen attempts to join Courtney and Scott, but the new couple thinks there is only enough room for the two of them on their one-hour anniversary. She also asks Alejandro but he too refuses. In the end, the trio of "Mike", Cameron, and Zoey reluctantly allow her to tag along.
When Scott and Courtney find a smaller entrance, Scott says "Ladies first", politely, but then thinks twice and wonders aloud if that is the right thing to say in this situation. Annoyed, Courtney just walks in, and Scott follows. Meanwhile, Cameron, Gwen, Mal and Zoey found several holes above cave entrance, believing its how Ezekiel is able to go in and out. Gwen begins to freak out, as her greatest fear is being buried alive (and thus, being underground), but she accidentally steps on a bit of loose ground, and falls into the mine. Zoey jumps in after her to help her, while Mal and Cameron enter a different hole despite Cameron's response that they should follow the girls. Alejandro finds another entrance near a small stream, but gets his foot stuck between two rocks and is unable to move. He then worriedly calls out to the others, even asking Gwen if she would still like to be partners.
Chris is then shown out of the sack, tied to a rope, and hanging over a vat of green toxic waste, as Ezekiel grins and rubs his hands together maliciously. Realizing the situation, Chris attempts to sweet-talk Ezekiel, who only growls in response. As Mal and Cameron are shown looking in vain for Gwen and Zoey, Gwen begins to hyperventilate as her flashlight is not working. Back in the monitor room, Chef hears Gwen screaming and notes that the speakers are finally working but the monitor isn't. An intern tries to fix the picture, while Chef admits that he has no idea what is going on with everyone.
Using her flashlight, Zoey is able to find Gwen, who with mixed emotions of fear and gratitude, thanks Zoey, who is successfully able to help calm her down. Mal and Cameron on the other hand, are discussing on who they should lure over to their side. He notes that Alejandro is not trustworthy and Gwen and Courtney were too tight, leaving Scott. Cameron is unsure though, since he made Scott shark bait in the previous episode. Mal devises to drive a wedge between him and Courtney, suggesting that Cameron kiss Courtney in front of Scott while making it look like she kissed him. Cameron is still worried that Scott will beat him up, especially given the incidence in the previous episode, and thinks that there must be another way, annoying Mike. Alejandro is finally able to get his foot free, at the cost of one of his boots, and enters the cave. Chris is still talking to Ezekiel, foolishly listing all the injustices done against him in the past while wondering why he is so mad at him; this further infuriates Ezekiel, who snarls and takes out a couple of rats to slowly chew on the ropes hanging Chris.
While Gwen and Zoey are still trying to find a way out, Gwen takes note of and fearing every sound, especially when Zoey suddenly disappears. Just then the monitors are fixed and Chef cowers in fear once he sees Chris hanging from a rope over toxic waste. Scott and Courtney are holding hands while he attempts to compliment her, accidentally holding his flashlight to her eyes and obstructing her vision, causing her to fall. He jumps after her, and they both fall and slide right into Cameron and Mike. Mal tells Cameron that this is his chance to execute his plan, and pushes Cameron forward so that he kisses Courtney. Scott and Courtney are both very angered, and Cameron apologizes, before correcting himself and asking angrily why Courtney "kissed him". Courtney and Scott then argue about who kissed who, while Ezekiel's shadow creeps up. Mike and Cameron run off, as the two argue, and Ezekiel then comes right up to them and growls, scaring the couple who hold each other and yell in fear.
Still in the monitor room, Chef is shown eating from a tub of ice cream, and tells the intern to zoom in on the rope holding Chris, revealing the rats shown earlier to be chewing the rope, about to break it and release Chris into the toxic waste. Chef gasps and says they’re going to need more ice cream. Scott, Courtney, and Zoey are shown in a makeshift cage. Scott and Courtney continue fighting, with Scott claiming she kissed Cameron and Courtney claiming he kissed her. Frustrated, Courtney then says that if he does not believe her, she doesn't want his shoelace, and Scott agrees and wants his shoelace back; effectively breaking them up.
After Mal and Cameron run away from Scott and Courtney, Cameron falls into a hole and manages to hold onto an extending root. Mal leaves under the guise that he went to find something to pull him up. As the root starts to become loose, Alejandro appears and tries to help him, but Cameron thinks he did something to Mike and says he does not trust anyone but Zoey and Mike. Alejandro tries to explain that one of his friends is an imposter, but Cameron doesn't buy it, forcing Alejandro into leaving Cameron. As he talks to himself about how Cameron will fall, Ezekiel grabs Alejandro from above and pulls him away. Back in the monitor room, Chef has finished numerous tubs of ice cream, and decides to take action so that the season will not end, grabbing his spaghetti bazooka. With Alejandro now in the cage, Ezekiel starts throwing food at the captured contestants.
The root Cameron had been holding finally slips out, and he falls down the hole and into a stream next to Gwen, who is still trying to find a way out of the cave, as she was a coward. She immediately pulls Cameron out, saving his life. This finally makes Cameron regain his trust in her and he apologizes to her before going off to find Chris. Mike returns to the hole and attempts to throw a rock into it, only to find out that Cameron had already fell before he was ambushed and captured by Ezekiel. In the cage, everyone ponders where Cameron is and Alejandro mentions that he was the last person to see him. Mike accuses him of "leaving him hanging there", but since Alejandro did not mention he was hanging, he becomes more and more suspicious of Mike.
Cameron and Gwen finally reach Ezekiel's lair with Chef quickly rushing past them to get rid of the rats. However, as Chris scolds Chef for taking his time to save him, Ezekiel snatches up Chef's bazooka and blasts him with it. Ezekiel then attacks Cameron, using acid spit, and causes the ceiling above him to fall. With Ezekiel distracted, Gwen picks up Chef's bazooka and shoots Ezekiel. Gwen then releases Chris and helps Cameron out of the rocks. Chris then orders the contestants to quickly leave before Ezekiel attacks again. Surprisingly, he has already escaped. In the confessional, Chris says that he was 'faking' when he was back in the mine. However, he runs away screaming when Mal imitates Ezekiel's animal grunts. Everyone else is rescued, but this isn't shown.
At the bonfire ceremony, Chris deems Gwen the winner, and in honor of Chef's agreement allows her to send someone to Boney Island, in which she chooses Alejandro. Cameron, now inside a bubble and full body cast in a wheelchair, is eliminated as he is deemed too injured to continue competing. Zoey and Gwen bid him a friendly farewell, but Mike comes up to him and reveals himself to be Mal and that he let him fall. At the Flush of Shame, Chef then pops Cameron’s bubble as Cameron screams in fear of Mal while being flushed away. Chris then expresses that he is content even if the celebration of the 100th episode did not go as planned, because he himself did not get hurt, and signs off the episode.
Ezekiel ends up in the Fun Zone after digging through a tunnel as mean of escape. When he realizes that he is surrounded by many of the mutated inhabitants, Ezekiel offers them the 100th anniversary cake he stole from Chris. To his happiness, the mutants lift him and worship him as their king.
|Clé Bennett||Chef Hatchet|
- Ezekiel appears and makes animal noises, but has no dialogue.
- Sierra appears in a video sleeping, but has no dialogue.
- The chubby intern speaks, but it is unknown who voiced him.
- A butler appears, but has no lines.
- This is the eighth episode in the series to reference a character's name in the title, with the others being The Chefshank Redemption, Super Hero-ld, Crouching Courtney, Hidden Owen, 2008: A Space Owen, Aftermath: Bridgette Over Troubled Water, The Treasure Island of Dr. McLean, Grand Chef Auto, and later Scarlett Fever and Sky Fall.
- This is the second time Ezekiel has been the main antagonist in a challenge in which the contestants are picked off, the first being in I See London....
- This is second time that a contestant has left the competition due to injuries; in this case, Cameron. The first is Izzy in Jamaica Me Sweat.
- The order of the contestants captured by Ezekiel are:
- Gwen and Cameron are the only contestants who weren't captured.
- When Cameron, Mike, and Zoey are searching the cabins, Mr. Coconut appears in a wood burning oven Cameron looks in.
- Cameron is the first person that Mike reveals himself as Mal to.
- This is the first time Cameron is seen in his bubble.
- This is the only horror-themed episode to not occur at night.
- When Zoey is comforting Gwen, Lindsay's theme music is heard playing.
- Courtney and Scott become a couple in this episode only for them to break up later on in the episode, making this the shortest-lived couple thus far, only lasting two hours, but they do get back together in the next episode.
- This is the only episode where one of Mike's personalities appears, but Mike doesn't.
- This is the opposite of Brain vs. Brawn: The Ultimate Showdown, where Mike appears but his personalities do not.
- Counting Cameron's winning, every contestant from the second generation has been eliminated at least once in the series as of this episode.
- This is the third time Gwen wins a challenge where the contestants are being hunted by a mysterious assailant.
- This is the sixth horror-themed challenge of the series, which continues the trend of each season having at least one horror-themed challenge.
- Chris mentions several events from past episodes while trying to figure out why is Ezekiel mad at him.
- The Gemmie Award is mentioned once again. It is previously seen in Celebrity Manhunt's Total Drama Action Reunion Special, Niagara Brawls, and Up, Up And Away In My Pitiful Balloon.
- Like in Search and Do Not Destroy, this episode features a scenario in which someone ruining a relationship by kissing one member of said relationship.
- This is the first time Gwen has won invincibility since Alien Resurr-eggtion.
- Gwen's claustrophobia is shown for the fourth time in the series. The other times being in Phobia Factor, The Chefshank Redemption and The Treasure Island of Dr. McLean.
- This is the second time where the winner(s) can send a loser to exile, and it's the same person as the first time.
- Alejandro is shown to know about Mal after watching a video of his deceptions.
- If one counts Heather's ending of Total Drama World Tour, this is the first time since Hawaiian Punch where a female has won an individual challenge, if not, then this is the first time since Planes, Trains, and Hot Air Mobiles when she also won.
- Chris's prediction that Cameron would be the next contestant eliminated, in You Regatta Be Kidding Me, turns out to be true in this episode.
- Chef Hatchet brought out his meatball bazooka which he first used in Eat, Puke and Be Wary.
- The bulletin board from the common area of the Total Drama Jumbo Jet in Total Drama World Tour and more recently from the main lodge in Total Drama: Revenge of the Island appears in the monitor room of the hotel.
- This is the second consecutive time Alejandro is exiled to Boney Island.
- This is the second episode of Total Drama All-Stars in which Ezekiel makes a cameo. The first is in Heroes vs. Villains.
- Cameron's elimination shares many similarities with Cody's elimination in Paintball Deer Hunter:
- Both were severely injured during the challenge, and had to be wheeled out on a wheel chair.
- Both discover a threat to their friends after they were eliminated, but were unable to warn them due to their mouth being covered by bandages.
- They are both eliminated in the ninth episodes of their respective seasons.
- The episode's title references the Biblical verses of Matthew 7:7-8, which contains the line "Seek, and ye shall find".
- There are many similarities in this episode with the 2005 horror film The Descent.
- Both take place in an underground cave, where the characters are hunted one-by-one by the creature(s) living there.
- Also, Ezekiel's behavior in this episode is possibly an homage to the Crawlers from The Descent, as both are heavily mutated/evolved humans that hunt the characters using the darkness as their advantage.
- In the end, the final girl (who is afraid of going underground in the beginning) ends up not getting captured.
- Ezekiel is missing his facial hair when he found Courtney and Scott.
- Scott is missing the lines and freckles when he witnesses Cameron kissing Courtney and sometimes while arguing with Courtney.
- Chris says he threw Ezekiel into a volcano in Hawaiian Punch. However, Ezekiel accidentally fell into the volcano, and his altercation with Chris only happened in Alejandro's ending.
- Alejandro finds a box with ten DVD's and grabs one of them, but when he is putting it on the DVD player, the box still has ten DVD's.
- At the campfire ceremony, Chef appears with his left arm injured, but when Chris is signing off, his right arm is the injured one instead.
- Right before Chris says "no one is allergic to" during the video, Ezekiel's left ear is missing.
- After Cameron and "Mike" leave Scott and Courtney, Cameron's eyeshadow becomes lighter.
|Total Drama All-Stars episodes|
|Pre-merge||Heroes vs. Villains | Evil Dread | Saving Private Leechball | Food Fright | Moon Madness | No One Eggspects The Spanish Opposition | Suckers Punched|
|Post-merge||You Regatta Be Kidding Me | Zeek And Ye Shall Find | The Obsta-Kill Kourse | Sundae Muddy Sundae | The Bold and the Booty-ful | The Final Wreck-ening|